So I just posted my recipe for delicious almond milk. But you’re probably asking what you should do with all that pulp. Well…Make ALMOND CREAM CHEESE of course!
OK so it doesn’t necessarily taste like cheese, it’s more like a nutty spread, but it still tastes amazing on crackers or with veggie sticks!
After making my Quick and Easy Homemade Almond Milk, use the pulp along with the following ingredients to make the almond cream cheese:
- Nutritional Yeast (gives it the cheesy flavour)
- Dijon Mustard/apple cider vinegar (gives it the tart flavour)
- Olive oil
- Lemon/lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
There are of course other additions for a variety of flavours:
- Garlic powder
- Mixed herbs
You don’t really need a food processor but I prefer to use one to emulsify the olive oil and really combine all the ingredients well.
This cheese goes great with some carrot and cucumber sticks as well as on some healthy crackers of your choice. We even made gluten-free burritos the other day and lathered on some of this cheese…the end result was spectacular as you can imagine.
Let me know what you try it with!
- 1 cup almond pulp (from making almond milk)
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar/dijon mustard
- squeeze of half a lime/small lemon
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend on high
- Stop every 10 seconds to scrape down the sides
- Blend until very smooth and well combined
- Taste to see if it needs more flavouring or salt before doing one last mix
- Store in a container in the fridge
- Add more olive oil if you would like a thinner consistency.