You know what I love about easy recipes? The fact that they’re easy. And that I know I’m going to get something delicious without the hassle. These So Damn Easy Date Muffins are just that. And they’re grain, dairy and sugar free. “Say what? Easy and delicious and free of all the junk?!” Yes!
I have recently been experimenting with baking with my blender. Not baking in the blender. Just using it at the beginning of the baking process. For blending purposes only. (So sorry if I momentarily led you to believe a new and improved blender exists complete with a built in oven.)
But let’s face it, if it can be mixed up in a blender, then I’m going to do it. No need to use ALL the dishes. There is a catch though – you do need to think about making this at least 10 minutes in advance. The dates need to be soaked in hot water for 10 minutes so that they will be easily mashed into a pasted or transformed into a paste once in the blender with the other wet ingredients.
Other than that, it is pretty straight forward! This is an excellent tea time treat or breakfast muffin on the go. It is best served with butter and a cup of Joe. (Yes, yes, the rhyme was intentional.)
If you love this, try one of these delightful baked goods below:
- 1/2 cup dates (soaked in 1/2 cup hot water for 10 minutes)
- 1 banana
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C.
- Soak the dates in hot water for at least 10 minutes, then mash into a paste.
- Put date paste and the remaining wet ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- While the blender is running, slowly add the dry ingredients until all well combined.
- Fill batter 3/4 full into each cup of a greased/lined muffin tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.