Who doesn’t love a fun breakfast? Well I like to change it up every now and again and this Grain-free Breakfast Pancake Pizza recipe just lent itself so well to my creative surge. My husband (Chris) actually perfected this recipe and gave me the inspiration to turn it into a pancake pizza.
Chris has this for breakfast every morning because it’s the only thing that sustains him until lunch. He’s a PE teacher and is training for a half ironman so he needs a meal that keeps him going for long. What’s even more awesome about this recipe is that it is so simple and so quick! All it takes is a bowl and a pan.
I even decided to have this delightful pancake pizza after an intense gym workout this morning and thought it necessary to share it with all of you. It could even serve two people if you add a side of fruit or a smoothie.
What you need:
- Coconut oil
- Coconut flour
- Flax meal (optional)
- Baking soda
- Nut butter
- Raw honey
- Goji berries
- Coconut cream
- Cacao nibs
I’d love to hear how you found this recipe and which toppings you decided to use!
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp raw honey (for optional sweetness)
- 1 Tbs coconut flour
- 1 Tbs flax meal (or an extra Tbs coconut flour)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- nut butter
- raw honey
- goji berries
- cacao nibs
- Place all the ingredients for the pancake in a bowl and mix well until no lumps.
- Grease a small frying pan with coconut oil and pour mixture into the pan.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low until the top is no longer wobbly then flip over to cook on the other side.
- Cook for a couple minutes until cooked through (if you press the top it should bounce back).
- Let cool slightly on a cooling rack then put on your favourite toppings.
- For a sweeter pancake, you can add a mashed banana to the mixture, chopped dates or a tsp of raw honey.