Looking for a quick and easy but healthy mince pie filling for Christmas? I am sharing my go-to spicy, fruity and delightful Sugar-free Mince Pie filling that can be whipped up the day before you make your pies!
This recipe gets it sweetness from all the natural fruit sugars and tastes amazing in mince pies, fruit cake, Christmas muffins or just heated and served with coconut cream or custard.
Let it sit for at least 1 day in a glass container in the fridge so that all the flavours can come together. I made mine 1 week before putting them into mince pies but it is just as tasty (in my opinion) if you make it last minute 😉
What will you use this filling for? I’d love to know!
- 100 g raisins
- 100 g sultanas
- 100 g dates chopped
- 100 g dried cranberries or strawberries
- 2 medium apples peeled and diced
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans preferred)
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 3 Tbs brandy (optional)
- Place all the fruit, water, cinnamon stick and cloves into a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, turn down the heat and let simmer (covered) for 20-30 minutes or until all the fruit is soft and the water is reduced.
- Stir in the chopped nuts, coconut oil and brandy.
- Leave to cool slightly then place in an airtight glass container to sit in the fridge for at least one day and up to 6 weeks.